“Rhythm Culture has been voted #6 most popular kids activities on the Sunshine Coast!”
Drum Sing Dance ProgramME Information
- Every child will play an African djembe (drum) and unique African percussion.
- 45minute – 1hour workshop
- There will be body percussion
- Lots of singing, dancing and laughing
- African dance moves
- Call and response music patterns
- We ask lots of questions
- The children will go on an African journey through story, song and movement
- Learn about how and what the African instruments are made from
- Musical – drumming, singing, and lots of instruments
- Physical – dancing, coordination, spacial awareness
- Interactive – every child has an instrument to play
- Educational – counting, language, listening, directions
- Social – teamwork, communication, connection, community
- Cultural – learn about African culture through stories and play.
- Creative – thinking, playing and movement
- Loads of fun and enjoyment!
- Drum/Instrument hire
- Travel Expenses
- Set up and pack down
- Lay time
- Professional Artists
- Personal service and event management
- Local family owned business
“Nathaniel’s enthusiasm and passion for his art was contagious and inspirational. The children had a wonderful time and they were kept moving and engaged for the entire 2 days. I would definitely recommend this workshop to anyone wishing to immerse children in a rich cultural experience. Thank you Nathaniel we had a blast!” – Leanne Jones, Acting Principal, Marlborough State School“Nathaniel has an easy and natural rapport with Kindy children. As our first visitor for the year, he was warmly welcomed and the children seemed very comfortable with him and very enthusiastic to participate.His range of experiences are perfect for this age group. Aside from experiencing a glimpse of African culture and being immersed in his wonderful music, the children could not help but be inspired by Nathaniel’s passion for what he does. I highly recommend Rhythm Culture for any Kindergarten program.” – Carmel Desjardins Director, Peregian Beach Community Kindergarten
“We loved the way the show engaged all children 100% of the time, they loved having their own individual drum!! Great balance between listening to various instruments and moving to beat of the music with instruments in hand and the enjoyment of being involved in some of the dances!! See you next year and thank you!! :)” – Marianna, Alex-Mooloolaba Kindy.
“We are in search of visiting/touring performances and workshops all of the time and it is difficult to find affordable, quality experiences. My educators were particularly impressed with the level of interaction and it was certainly evident the kids enjoyed the activity. Thanks heaps and we look forward to you visiting again.”– Kim Piper, PCYC
“Thanks to Rhythm Culture for a wonderful workshop this morning! Highly recommend for anyone with lots of energy who like to make a bit of noise! Fabulous array of djembe’s and other interesting instruments and activities kept the kids busy and happy.” – Little Musos, The J Noosa
“I just wanted to pass on my thanks to you and Nathaniel for organising and providing such a wonderful drumming performance at our Woodford, Deception Bay and Caboolture sites. I unfortunately was unable to attend the shows due to other commitments, however, have received glowing reports from my staff. Please pass on my congratulations to Nathaniel for providing such great and engaging entertainment for our children and families. My staff have all commented on how much the children and families enjoyed the show and how delighted the children were.”
– Lisa Crawford, Early Childhood Manager, Caboolture Early Years Centre.
“Our children enjoyed a fabulous learning experience with Rhythm Culture. Children gained knowledge of the significance of drumming in various community cultures. It was fabulous watching children intently listen to drumming instruction and reciprocate rhythms. Children were thrilled to be able to work as a team to produce various rhythms.” – Tamara, OSHC, Immanuel Lutheran College
“I have used Rhythm Culture a number of times over the years for community events involving children and families. When we get our feedback forms back asking what was their favourite part of the day, “the Drumming Workshop” is always high on the list. Thanks for sharing your positive energy and love of music with so many!” – Danielle, Early Childhood Worker.