Rhythm Culture Drum and Dance Holiday Programs are for schools and child care centres during school holiday periods.These workshops are engaging, active, fun and inspiring. Every child will have a drum and will learn the ancient rhythms and moves from West Africa! Bring rhythm, movement and fun into your centre these holidays!
Bring West Africa to your centre these holidays with African drumming and dancing workshops. Every child will play a real African drum and learn a rhythm which they can play altogether. There is singing, dancing, body percussion, story and song.
Children are immersed into African culture with experienced facilitators that tell real stories of their personal experience in African culture with African people. The children will go on a journey and learn about African instruments, how they are made, how the women dance and how the rich culture of Africa has so much joy to give to all cultures and countries around the world. These workshops bring culture, colour and musical joy to people all over South East QLD.
What are the some of the benefits of a Holiday Program?
- Interactive – every child has an instrument to play
- Physical – dancing, coordination, spacial awareness
- Musical – drumming, singing, and lots of instruments
- Educational – counting, language, listening, directions
- Cultural – learn about African culture through stories & play
- Social – teamwork, communication, connection, community
- Creative – thinking, playing and movement