DANCE CLASSES SUNSHINE COAST
|5.30pm||Badenya Foli – Intermediate Drum Class||Kalankora Foli – Beginners Drum Class|
|6.30pm||Dance Class – To live drumming!||Dundun Dance Class – Dance with stick drums|
|7.30pm||Foli Kan – Experienced Drum Class|
1 Dance 1 Drum Class Pass – Access to one dance and one drum class per week. Valid for one four week course.
4 Class Pass – Access to one dance class per week. Valid for one four week course.
Casual – Access to one dance class.
OPEN DANCE CLASSES
Welcome to Dance Classes Sunshine Coast. These classes are for lovers of dance, music and for those that want a fun workout! Join us Tuesday nights in the open class with live drumming to help you get your feet moving and grooving. All fitness levels are welcome and there is a focus on stretching, warm ups, and traditional high energy West African rhythm and dance moves.
DUNDUN DANCE CLASSES – DANCE WITH STICK DRUMS
Dundun dance classes are the best of both worlds: dancing and drumming! You get to dance to your favourite rhythms while also playing them on the dundun (African stick drums).
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF AFRICAN DANCE CLASSES?
- African dance expresses strength, femininity and masculinity in a natural way.
- The interplay between the dance and the drumming is complex and exciting.
- It’s the most fun way to exercise hard that we can possibly think of!
- Fitness through rhythm. It provides a wide range of mental and physical health benefits.
- Learning to isolate through various movements allowing your body to build strength and flexibility.
- The rhythm of the drums and dance collectively brings a community of people together to celebrate.
- A great way to learn discipline and coordination
- African dance allows you to unwind and reconnect to the environment around you making you more conscience and aware.
Terms and Conditions: All dance classes sunshine coast are non-refundable, non-transferable, and cannot be exchanged for classes at a later date once the course has started.