African dance & dundun dance Classes for fitness and fun
African Dance Classes (live drumming) – Tuesdays 6.30pm
African Dundun Dance Classes (dance with sticks and drums) – Thursdays 6.30pm
Palmwoods Memorial Hall, 1 Main St, Palmwoods
Welcome to African Dance Class Sunshine Coast. These classes are for lovers of dance, music and for those that want a fun workout! Join us Tuesday nights in the open class for live drumming to help you get your feet moving and grooving. All fitness levels are welcome and there is a focus on stretching, warm ups, and traditional high energy West African rhythm and dance moves.
What are the benefits of African dance classes?
- African dance expresses strength, femininity and masculinity in a natural way.
- The interplay between the dance and the drumming is complex and exciting.
- It’s the most fun way to exercise hard that we can possibly think of!
- Fitness through rhythm. It provides a wide range of mental and physical health benefits.
- Learning to isolate through various movements allowing your body to build strength and flexibility.
- The rhythm of the drums and dance collectively brings a community of people together to celebrate.
- A great way to learn discipline and coordination
- African dance allows you to unwind and reconnect to the environment around you making you more conscience and aware.
You can now book your dance classes online at our shop!
Terms and Conditions: African dance classes are non-refundable, non-transferable, and cannot be exchanged for classes at a later date once the term has started.